What’s on - RSPCA Cupcake Day
Help fight animal cruelty by scoffing a cupcake - oh yeah!
18 Aug 2015 By Leanne Philpott Comments
You’ll never get a better excuse to devour a bunch of cupcakes than this. The RSPCA’s Cupcake Day (Monday August 17th) is an awesome excuse to team up with friends, family and colleagues to eat yummy cupcakes and offer a helping hand to animals in need.
What’s that you ask? What’s scoffing cupcakes got to do with protecting animals against cruelty?
Well, the RSPCA is encouraging you not to just buy or bake a bunch of cupcakes and eat them all up, but to host a fundraising cupcake-eating event. Your event can be as wild and wacky as you wish and can include just your nearest and dearest or the whole community.
All the funds raised through Cupcake Day will go to help mistreated animals live a better life:
- $24 can pay for an enrichment toy for a kitten
- $50 can cover boarding costs for animals of domestic violence victims
- $100 can desex a cat or dog so that it can be adopted into a loving home
- $240 can subsidise emergency surgery for an animal in pain
- $350 can keep an inspector on the road fighting animal cruelty
While Monday August 17th is the ‘official’ RSPCA Cupcake Day, you can hold an event on any day in August. Every dollar raised goes to a really good cause.
Don’t forget to share your cupcake creations on Instagram using the hashtag #rspcacupcakeday
18 Aug 2015 By Leanne Philpott Commentscomments powered by Disqus