Hurray for Hug Your Cat Day
Cat owners everywhere are gearing up to give cuddles as June 4th is National Hug Your Cat Day!
02 Jun 2015 By Leanne Philpott Comments
Despite being a little bit crazy, the purpose of National Hug Your Cat Day is to remind pet owners (and people in general) of the benefits of owning a cat. Studies have shown that our feline friends can help decrease blood pressure and stress.
National Hug Your Cat Day encourages cat owners to give their cat a cuddle. If you don’t own a cat, ask a pal if you can give their puss a hug (Be careful though, some cats can take offence to being hugged by a stranger!).
Need another reason to give your cat a hug?
- The more love and affection you show your cat, the more you’ll get in return. Win-Win!
- Cosying up with your cat can boost your feel-good endorphins, leaving you feeling on top of the world.
- It’s not all about you—cats have a highly developed sense of touch and a cuddle from their owner will make them feel super special.
- Stress less; forget the spa, snuggling up to your kitty can help release stress and calm your nerves and it’s free!
- Lavishing your cat with hugs helps to reinforce positive behaviour. It can help your kitty become more social, loving and may even prevent them from developing aggressive behaviour.
- Scientific studies have shown that the sonic frequency of a cat’s purr can help alleviate pain and speed up healing. Holding a purring cat can bring health benefits.
Make every day a cat-hugging day; You'll feel less stressed and your kitty will feel very loved!
02 Jun 2015 By Leanne Philpott Commentscomments powered by Disqus