Celebrating Pet Appreciation Week with a tasty treat
There's nothing like a home-baked delicious cookie to show your pooch you care...
13 Jun 2016 By Leanne Philpott Comments
Last week was Australia’s inaugural Pet Appreciation Week; if, like us, you love any excuse to pamper your beloved fur friend, why not treat your dog to a sweet potato and peanut butter cookie.
Completely dog friendly, these home-baked goodies will let your canine chum know just how much you love him or her. Of course, there are hundreds of ways to show your pooch just how much he or she means to you (think: beach walk, play date with a fur pal, a game of rough ‘n tumble, a new winter jacket or even a new toy) but don’t we all love a yummy treat?!
Sweet potato and peanut butter doggie treats
- 2 cups of wholemeal flour
- 1 cup of roasted sweet potato - mashed
- 2 tbs of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter
- 2 eggs
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl until it's a workable dough.
- Sprinkle flour on a hard surface.
- Roll out the dough to your desired thickness.
- Cut out shapes using a cookie cutter and place evenly on a baking tray.
- Cook in an oven at 180 C for 20 mins or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow the treats to completely cool.
While your four-legged friend is chowing down on these delicious, baked-with-love, cookies, why don’t you grab a cup of tea and a biscuit and check out four, until now, untold stories of our canine heroes - curated by 'Paw by Blackmores'. (Keep a look out for our favourite vet Dr Katrina Warren and her dog tale.)
13 Jun 2016 By Leanne Philpott Commentscomments powered by Disqus